Smells!
The last couple of days have been sniffing days. All three of us, Mom, Dad, and I have been using our noses. Something stunk, and stunk terribly! First we attributed it to the garbage that had some compost in it, but the smell persisted! On the second day (being today) it was out of control we had to find where that smell was coming from. We took another garbage can out. But the problem still persisted! So we’d sniff our way to the corner that we thought the smell was coming from and look around, we thought maybe the dog…. But Mom staunchly said that was impossible! Dad thought maybe a mouse, and that sent Mom and I for the chairs. Well almost :P We looked under all the chairs except for the one love seat. I happened to be sitting on it. Dad’s idea of a mouse quickly got me up and off of it though! We slowly turned it over and Mom being on the backside gave a little shriek at the site of things moving underneath the lining. Dad not being so easily frightened quickly reached over and started to rip off the already holey lining. Only to reveal… an stash of candy rappers, that someone namely Kami had stashed there in the hopes of no one ever finding them (huh yeah right, oh btw that was at least 5 years ago :P does that redeem me?) The idea of a mouse was still prominent in our minds as Dad walked away. Mom was on the front side and I on the back, I parted the cushions and let them back together with a shriek, which made Mom jump and scream as well. She eventually asked me what I saw. I said “ I saw something!! Maybe my mind is working overtime” With that our parrot said “yup!” This investigation had interrupted our family worship so we knelt down to pray, afterwards Dad started teasing me about where the mice were… finally he told us to get the vacuum Mom and I looked at each other. That look said what each of us was thinking “ I don’t want to vacuum up a mouse!!” As we went back to get the vacuum Mom said, “ What if his tail get stuck?” I groaned. Well anyways what happened is that it didn’t turn out to be a mouse and we still haven’t figured out what the smell is. Whatever it is I hope we can air it out!! Well enough with the horror stories, or whatever you want to call um, I’ll say one thing for sure it made our night a lot more interesting!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home